Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Trivial Pursuits: Question Time!

Get off the computer, ditch the phone, get out of the house and come have some fun.

Trivia nights are hosted by a quiz master and usually consist of a few rounds of general knowledge trivia questions. Most trivia nights are done with teams (but solos are always welcome) and all discourage the use of electronic phones, laptops, notebooks. It is supposed to be fun and surprising, not about the competition!

Trivia nights have migrated here from pubs in the UK, which are immensely popular and everyone has there favorite pub or their favorite quizmaster.

My favorite is Tuesdays at 7:00 at The Fox and Goose with Quizmaster Morgan.

I love trivia nights and there are a few in and around The Big Tomato. Here is a small list of the ones I know about and I know I am missing a couple. If you know of them, let me know so we can share them!
The Big Tomato Trivia Nights I know of include:

Sunday Nights:  The Bonn Lair, 3651 J Street at 7:00 p.m. and The Streets of London, 1804 J Street, also at 7:00 p.m.


Monday: DeVere's Irish Pub, 1521 L Street 7:00 p.m.



Tuesday: The Fox and Goose, 1001 R Street at 7:00 p.m.


Wednesday: The Shack, 5201 Folsom Boulevard at 7:00 p.m.

I have heard there are trivia nights as well at Bella Bru on Natomas Park Boulevard in North Natomas and also at The Western Bar at 2001 K Street in Midtown - but check with them to see when they are on (and pass it along, please)!

Hope to see you soon and welcome to the secret world of trivia nights in The Big Tomato!

No comments:

Post a Comment